1. I selected ten movies that I have wanted to watch in 2012. Totally disappointing results - I only watched two of the ten - Annie Hall and Out of Africa.
A. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
B. Annie Hall
C. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
D. Some Like It Hot
E. Ordinary People
F. Out of Africa
G. The Sting
J. The Long Hot Summer
2. Floss Nightly. I did really well with this out of the gate, stayed on track and lately have been abandoning it! UGH!
3. Read 30 books. BAM! Killed this one. I read 37 books in 2012. The great surprise in this list is the amount of NONFICTION here (12 books *). I generally am fiction 100%.
1. Suite Francaise
2. Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me*
4. How it All Began
5. Super Baby*
6. We Need to Talk About Kevin
7. The Art of Fielding
8. The Happiest Toddler on the Block*
9. The Sense of An Ending
10. Blood Bones & Butter: The Inadvertant Education of a Reluctant Chef*
12. Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1)
13. The Paris Wife
14. Train Like a Mother*
15. The Buddha in the Attic
16. Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2)
17. Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3)
18. Tainted Morals
19. Child 44
20. The Happiness Project*
21. Once Upon a River
22. Tainted Morals
23. Dark Places
24. Gone Girl
25. Liminal States
26. Franny & Zooey
27. Just Kids*
28. This Is Where I Leave You
29. Broken Harbor
30. 1-2-3 Magic!*
31. Still Missing
32. Manhattan, When I Was Young*
34. Made to Stick*
35. The Solitude of Prime Numbers
36. What Alice Forgot
37. I Feel Bad About My Neck*
Be my friend on Goodreads and read my reviews!
4. Run a Half Marathon (with a sub-goal of running a marathon). Well, I ran two half marathons this year - does that count as a marathon?! Just kidding. I had two great half marathons which only emphasized my love of this distance.
5. Crafts for Sale. I abandoned this one early on because it was going to be too much to try to do this AND work full time. This was a good decision, but I still wish that this could be possible somehow.
6. Learn how to use our camera. I will admit that I pulled out the instruction book for our camera around the holidays, inspired by the fact that my sister, who also has a Nikon, let us borrow an extra lens. I also registered for a "advanced digital photography" class with our rec department in late February 2013. So, I will say that this is not fully realized but I am making some baby step progress.
7. Stop complaining about work. Well, I marked this as complete, particularly after interviewing for a few new jobs (and turning down an offer). But I still am not exactly thrilled with my current job. It pays the bills. We'll leave it at that.
8. Milwaukee Hot Spots. I think we did a fairly good job at this this year. We tried a bunch of new restaurants and finally hit up some museums, notably the Milwaukee Public Museum, the Betty Brinn Children's Museum, the Schlitz Audoban Nature Center,
9. Tailor my clothes. I fixed one sweater. FAIL.
10. Bring back game night. I think we played one game of cribbage all year. FAIL.
11. Practice piano. I did play a fair amount but nothing consistent and I did not learn any new pieces. I have realized that this is hard to do because any time I am home, I have Maggie, and the only free time I have is when she is napping or asleep - which isn't really the best time to be banging on the piano.
12. YOGA! Last year's failure is this year's success. Thank goodness for lunch time yoga offered at my office. Love this class!
I achieved 6 of my 12 goals. Fifty percent. Not bad. Most years I am around the 50-66% mark. Did any of you meet any goals you set last January?