I love the feeling when you know you have purchased a GREAT gift for someone, for any occasion. Here were some of the favorites we bought for others this year:
1. The "Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner" T-shirt purchased for my sister
2. Milwaukee City Tins - purchased for my BIL + his GF and my sister + her BF
P.S. We were also happy to receive one of these from my office secret santa! (My coworker's daughter was selling them for a school fundraiser.)
3. Yonanas Frozen Dessert Maker - purchased for my Father-in-law.
4. Patterned tape - purchased for my six year old niece. Unfortunately I cannot find this online or a photo of it. It basically was a pack of 30 or so small roles of scotch tape with different patterns on it. I bought it in the art supply aisle of Target. She basically carried it around our house for a while after she opened it!
5. Handmade. Call me crazy, but I never think going handmade is a bad thing. This year was a pretty good handmade year for me, as four of our gifts fell into that category. I made a ruffle scarf for my mom, one for nate's aunt, a double wrapped cowl for nate's cousin (who I had in the name exchange), and a Birdie sling for Maggie's babysitter (stuffed with spa gift card). I forgot to take photos of the ruffle scarves, so I posted one from the yarn website to illustrate what I am talking about.
Ruffle Scarves (pattern here):
Amy Butler Pattern):
What gifts were you excited to give?