Who watched the Golden Globes? I did...sort of. I didn't finish the entire show and did my best to tweet it up during the red carpet.
No humblebrag from me - I am EXCITED to be nominated for a Liebster Award!!!!
I would like to thank Erica from Erica Finds for nominating me for a Liebster award....not QUITE a Golden Globe, but as close as I'm going to get this year, ha ha ha.
What is a Liebster Award? A Liebster award is given to blogs with less than 300 followers as a way of making them more well-known. The rules for the acceptance are:
1) Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2) Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
3) Answer the 10 questions posed by the blogger who nominated you
4) Select 3 – 5 bloggers for the award
5) Pose 10 new questions to the new nominees
6) Post the award on your blog
Here are my questions from Erica:
1. What was your first blog post about and why?
My first blog post was not on this blog, but on my first blog, Cape Cod Makeover. I started the blog after my husband (then fiance) and I bought a great house that was stuck in 1950. The blog was our chronicle of updating it, room by room. When we made the decision to sell that house and move a little over a year ago, I decided to stick with blogging and blog about things I like.
2. When I am not blogging, I like to___________.
I probably have too many hobbies, but I like running, yoga, reading, and crafting. I also really really love magazines and reading other blogs!
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? or if you are already doing it, what do you do?
Is this in the real world or my imaginary world?! ha ha ha I have found that I really like contributing to merelymothers as their fashion blogger so some extension of that would be fun. I also would love to do more with helping people shop, etc.
What do I really do? Public health research and evaluation. I am in a bit of a career rut right now, in my opinion.
4. What are your 3 go-to websites that you visit every day?
I am not going to include friends' blogs on this because that is more than three. The websites I visit every day are Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
5. If I put your ipod on shuffle, what would I likely hear?
Bruce Springsteen, The Avett Brothers, Rhianna, Adele
6. Fiction or non-fiction?
7. Salty or sweet?
Both, together, living in harmony
8. If I could visit any place in the world this year, it would be ____________
9. (and as a build to number 8) and I would take _______________
Nate & Maggie
10. What should I look forward to reading about on your blog this year?
I think my blog is a pretty good extension of my personality. I like using it to document everyday life with my daughter, but also things that I am interested in - fashion, food, crafting, etc. The blog also helps me stay on track with various goals. I have been creating a goal list on my blog for several years now.
Now for my nominations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here goes (apologies if you have 300+ followers)!
1) Real Life - Ideal Life - I first met Emily through blogging. This is her relatively new blog following her goals for life.
2) Ditto - Ali is a great writer and very perceptive. I love reading her posts, and not just becasue she is my friend.
3) Your Stylist Karen - This is a new addition to my Google Reader after Karen stopped by and commented on my Stripes link up post last week. I love commenters!
4) Owlet - I love the collection of items curated on Maayan's blog.
5) Cream City and Sugar - My go-to MKE Blogger
Here are my questions:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What are your blogging goals?
3) What is your favorite article of clothing?
4) What is your favorite blog that you read?
5) Facebook or Twitter?
6) What is something that currently challenges you?
7) Paper calendar or electronic?
8) What is your favorite cosmetic?
9) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10) What is one of your goals for 2013?